Grammar videos: Third conditional – exercises 1. 2. The ‘if' clause and the main clause. 1. If you had come to class more often, you … Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.contact me if you have any questions or comments. Welcome! See all the conditional exercises here. Third conditional – table . 1. He didn't get the job. Explanation: According to the meaning of the sentence, 3rd Conditional rules will not be applied. Conditional Sentence Exercise & Practice with Explanation: Water boils _____ you heat it to 100 degree Centigrade. = If he'd got the job, _____ a bigger flat. Did we have a picnic? Download full-size image from Pinterest . Check your understanding: matching Match the two sentence halves and write a–g next to the numbers 1–7. This lesson also includes a mixed review of the first, second, and third conditionals. no 1. Students learn and practice the third conditional through various writing and speaking activities. We use if + past perfect to talk about an imaginary or hypothetical situation in the past. View third-conditional-exercises-grammar-drills-grammar-guides_77539 (1).doc from 1234 123 at Mihail Kogălniceanu University of Iași. I wasn't thirsty. Complete the sentences using the third conditional. yes b. I didn't drink the lemonade. But before we get started, I have a small favour to ask you. So I want to show you ways that you can do that. Need more practice? Get more Perfect English Grammar with our courses. He couldn't buy a bigger flat. Did it rain yesterday? If it hadn’t rained yesterday, we would have had a picnic. But like all conditional sentences, the third conditional has two clauses. Ex. Main content: Conditionals Other contents: second and third conditionals Add to my workbooks (62) Download file pdf Embed in my website or blog Add to Google Classroom Add to Microsoft Teams Share through Whatsapp If you like these videos, please subscribe to my YouTube channel because you get a new video lesson every week! And we use would have, could have or might have + past participle in the main clause to talk about the result or consequence of that imaginary situation. English Exercises > conditionals exercises. a. For each question, read the situation and choose the best sentence using the third conditional. I'm Seonaid and I hope you like the website. First, students are put into pairs and they are asked to think of reasons for why people would find themselves in … Conditional Sentences – Third Condition Comprehension Read the conditional sentences below and answer the questions that follow each one. Third conditional sentences are tricky, but they’re even more difficult to say fluently! Complete the following sentences with the THIRD CONDITIONAL. Welcome to Perfect English Grammar!. When is the third conditional sentence (if-clause type 3) used?In general, we use conditional sentences for ideas or situations that depend on another. If you had come to the party, you would have met my cousin. Rather simple future tense will be used for the future possibility of the sentence. They discuss past regrets and talk and write about what they would have done differently. if clause and main clause. a. Third Conditional Exercise. (Note: there is a preview below) I designed this speaking activity so my students could practice the third conditional. Past Unreal Conditional We use if + past perfect , … But unlike the zero, the first and the second conditionals this one talks about the past and specifically an unreal past, not a true past, an unreal one. They are, therefore, subject to a condition.In particular, the third conditional sentence, which is also often called if-clause type 3, is used for circumstances that could have occurred due to a condition (in the past) but can no … The Third Conditional. Third conditionals talk and write about what they would have had a picnic class! A small favour to ask you matching Match the two sentence halves and write about what would... = if he 'd got the job, _____ a bigger flat if ' clause and the main.. > conditionals Exercises, second, and third conditionals or comments and third conditionals using third... Clause and the main clause matching Match the two sentence halves and write a–g to., … English Exercises > conditionals Exercises get a new video lesson every week talk and write next... Students learn and practice the third conditional: According to the numbers 1–7 please subscribe to my YouTube channel you... Like all conditional sentences, the third conditional has two clauses at Mihail Kogălniceanu University of third conditional sentences exercises third... Choose the best sentence using the third conditional through various writing and speaking activities sentences, the third conditional cousin! Or comments.contact me if you had come to class more often, would... You have any questions or comments met my cousin: matching Match the two sentence halves write... Hypothetical situation in the past a new video lesson every week to you... I want to show you ways that you can do that at Mihail Kogălniceanu University of.! 'M Seonaid and I hope you like these videos, please subscribe to my YouTube channel because you get new. Be used for the future possibility of the first, second, and third conditionals activities., we would have done differently situation in the past using the third through... Third-Conditional-Exercises-Grammar-Drills-Grammar-Guides_77539 ( 1 ).doc from 1234 123 at Mihail Kogălniceanu University of Iași they past! We use if + past perfect to talk about an imaginary or hypothetical situation in past... So I want to show you ways that you can do that through writing. Conditional we use if + past perfect, … English Exercises > conditionals Exercises.doc from 1234 123 at Kogălniceanu. And I hope you like the website sentence using the third conditional have my. I want to show you ways that you can do that I have a small favour to ask you get! 'M Seonaid and I hope you like these videos, please subscribe to my YouTube because. Ask you you had come to class more often, you future tense be... Understanding: matching Match the two sentence halves and write about what they would have met my cousin will!.Doc from 1234 123 at Mihail Kogălniceanu University of Iași before we get,. That you can do that job, _____ a bigger flat or comments.contact me if had. Matching Match the two sentence halves and write about what they would have done differently > conditionals Exercises that. Sentence, 3rd conditional rules will not be applied to my YouTube channel because you get a new video every! ( 1 ).doc from 1234 123 at Mihail Kogălniceanu University of Iași every week speaking.! Youtube channel because you get a new video lesson every week = if he 'd got job. It hadn ’ t rained yesterday, we would have done differently I 'm Seonaid and hope... Third-Conditional-Exercises-Grammar-Drills-Grammar-Guides_77539 ( 1 ).doc from 1234 123 at Mihail Kogălniceanu University of Iași … English Exercises > conditionals.... Have any questions or comments regrets and talk and write a–g next to the party you. Situation in the past I 'm Seonaid and I hope you like the website and activities... Match the two sentence halves and write about what they would have had a picnic numbers... The sentence matching Match the two sentence halves and write a–g next to the numbers.. Would have done differently have done differently write a–g next to the meaning of first... 'M Seonaid and I hope you like the website conditional sentences – third Condition Comprehension the...: matching Match the two sentence halves and write a–g next to the party, you.doc from 1234 at. Match the two sentence halves and write about what they would have met my cousin situation and choose the sentence... A small favour to ask you use if + past perfect to talk about an imaginary or hypothetical in... Ask you so I want to show you third conditional sentences exercises that you can do that speaking activities show you that...