VeraCrypt is free open-source disk encryption software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Homepage von BestCrypt Volume Encryption aufrufen Alternativen zu BestCrypt Volume Encryption. This application is used for encrypting and decrypting files with 256 bit AES algorithm. Use encfs4win to access EncFS file systems on Windows. Main program features: * Supports VeraCrypt(R), TrueCrypt(R), LUKS, EncFs container formats. VeraCrypt is ranked 2nd while EncFS is ranked 5th. VeraCrypt is free open-source disk encryption software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. What is the minimum amount of votes needed in both Chambers of Congress to send an Admission to the Union resolution to the President? VeraCrypt ZFS eCryptfs EncFs gocryptfs fscrypt Supported Linux kernel versions 2.0 or newer CBC-mode since 2.6.4, ESSIV 2.6.10, LRW 2.6.20, XTS 2.6.24 ? VeraCrypt is for encrypting local volumes/disks. Many of us relied on Truecrypt to encrypt our data, however, the encryption app was mysteriously discontinued. The answer is quite easy, I need to encrypt an hard disk or an USB stick if I use it to save important information and this device is accessible easily from many people. In case an attacker forces you to reveal the password, VeraCrypt provides plausible deniability. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Somit kann BoxCryptor keine von EncFS erstellten Container lesen. In case an attacker forces you to reveal the password, VeraCrypt provides plausible deniability. In this post, we will walk you through the detailed comparison of disk encryption tools: BitLocker vs TrueCrypt vs VeraCrypt, and show you the advantages and disadvantages of them. Ob Sie die ganze Festplatte verschlüsseln wollen oder nur einige Dateien: Truecrypt und der Nachfolger Veracrypt sind dafür gut geeignet. Homepage von Cryptainer aufrufen Alternativen zu Cryptainer. Encrypted volumes through command line. As opposed to VeraCrypt, it keeps its data in small encrypted blocks and changing a small fileresults in only a small amount of data to be re-uploaded. In the question“What are the best file encryption tools?” VeraCrypt is ranked 2nd while BitLocker is ranked 18th. I need to keep my documents encrypted. Mit der App EDS Lite aus dem F-Droid Store könnt ihr verschiedene Container-Formate wie VeraCrypt, LUKS oder EncFs auf Android nutzen. I know that since TrueCrypt was out of business, there is no generaly used encryptation program in the landscape. The Private folder in your home folder is where the decrypted versions of your files will be ac… This encryption software protects iOS systems and performs Windows 10 encryption. 4.1 or newer Encrypted data can also be accessed from Windows ? You should now take a look at the EncFS man page to familiarize yourself with its options: man encfs . It can create a virtual encrypted disk within a file or encrypt a partition or (in Windows) the entire storage device with pre-boot authentication. VeraCrypt(R), TrueCrypt(R), LUKS, EncFs, CyberSafe(R) container formats are supported. How can I convert a JPEG image to a RAW image with a Linux command? VeraCrypt, a popular open source encryption alternative to TrueCrypt, is at a crossroads as its primary contributor lacks the time to maintain it on his own. You can launch encfsw.exe and use the graphical program to mount or create EncFS file systems. In non-mounted mode you can browse an encrypted container using EDS built-in file manager or any other file manager that supports Android Storage Access Framework. It basically is TrueCrypt except that its code has been fully audited, problems discovered with TrueCrypt have been fixed, and the app is under active development. encryption linux file-encryption truecrypt opensource. Encryption strength veracrypt vs keepass? Ignore the second part if both EncFS and TrueCrypt are equality secure. Open source disk encryption with strong security for the Paranoid. Just make sure you use a secure password ( > 30 chars, possibly random) and dont fiddle around with algorithm settings (but I'm not even sure veracrypt will let you). Edit: Since @jondoe666 is pretty right in his criticism of my post this shall make it a little more complete: Yes. Passwortmanager kurz vorgestellt / Franke. Homepage von BitLocker aufrufen Alternativen zu BitLocker. It adds enhanced security to the algorithms used for system and partitions encryption making it immune to new developments in brute-force attacks. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. zuluCrypt can manage encrypted volumes that are hosted in image files, lvm, mdraid, hard drives, usb sticks or any other block device. In this article, we give you five alternatives to Truecrypt and tell you everything you know about encrypting your computer. The Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade provides automatic security for all information on endpoint hard drives, including user data, operating system files and temporary and erased files. Learn more about Apple's FileVault 2. Cryptomator is for encrypting files/folders for upload to cloud provides (e.g. Other than minor branding changes, it front-end looks the same and its functionality is identical to that of TrueCrypt. It adds enhanced security to the algorithms used for system and partitions encryption making it immune to new developments in brute-force attacks. Did the single motherhood rate among American blacks jump from 20% to 70% since the 1960s? Hidden containers: Whether hidden containers (an encrypted container (A) within another encrypted container (B) so the existence of container A can not be established) can be created for deniable encryption.Note that some modes of operation like CBC with a plain IV can be more prone to watermarking attacks than others. Posts : 5. win10 New 06 Sep 2016 #1. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Additionally, if I've understood it correctly, the metadata is stored in the files themselves instead of EncFS's per-directory configuration file (.encfs6.xml). A Java library is also available for developers using Java to read and write AES formatted files. Homepage von cryptsetup aufrufen Alternativen zu cryptsetup, Homepage von EncFS aufrufen Alternativen zu EncFS. It also works well together with other cloud providers. There are many alternatives to VeraCrypt for Mac if you are looking to replace it. So if you're interested in EncFS, please dive in! But I didn’t found any discussion about Cryptomator. VeraCrypt is a source-available freeware utility used for on-the-fly encryption (OTFE). What disease was it?" 2.6.32 or newer (as of 0.8.3) ? VeraCrypt adds security to the algorithms used for system and partitions encryption. A basic tutorial on the use of the freeware program, VeraCrypt. Why isn't the constitutionality of Trump's 2nd impeachment decided by the supreme court? FREE CompuSec ist eine kostenlose Software zur transparenten Verschlüsselung von Festplatten und Wechseldatenträgern, die von der Firma CE-Infosys entwickelt wird. zuluCrypt is currently Linux only and it does hard drives encryption and it can manage PLAIN dm-crypt volumes, LUKS encrypted volumes, TrueCrypt encrypted volumes, VeraCrypt encrypted volumes and Microsoft’s BitLocker volumes. Plattform: Linux Run the following command to install EncFS on Ubuntu: On other distributions of Linux, look for the EncFS package in your package manager and install it. VeraCrypt is a free disk encryption software brought to you by IDRIX (https://www.idrix.fr) and based on TrueCrypt 7.1a. As far I know, Veracrypt is highly used, but Encfs is presented in Ubuntu official documentation. VeraCrypt is free open-source disk encryption software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. In case an attacker forces you to reveal the password, VeraCrypt provides plausible deniability. Während die EncFS Gui eine Keylänge von 192 Bit und eine Blockgröße von 1024Bit nutzt, verwendet BoxCryptor 256/4096 Bit. EncFS. 2 Installing EncFS. EncFS can be installed as follows (we need root privileges, therefore, we use sudo): sudo apt-get -y install encfs. CryFS encrypts your Dropbox and protects you against hackers and data leaks. Why use encryption? It’s a good solution to encrypt a disk, a disk partitionor also a single folder. Endpoint Full Disk Encryption Software ist eine Alternative zu Veracrypt. Voranmeldungen: Es wäre nett wenn ihr eine Voranmeldung abgeben würdet, damit wir ungefähr wissen, mit wie vielen Leuten wir rechnen dürfen. PGP Whole Disk Encryption wurde von Symantec übernommen und wird unter dem Namen Symantec Whole Disk Encryption weitergeführt. The program can operate in two modes. ? FileVault 2, Apple's encryption program, offers data protection for the whole disk in an efficient method that is simple to implement and seamless to the user. VeraCrypt(R), TrueCrypt(R), LUKS, EncFs container types are supported. Comments. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. VeraCrypt enables you to make, in essence, a large encrypted ZIP file you can use like you would a “virtual” USB stick. Edit: Since @jondoe666 is pretty right in his criticism of my post this shall make it a little more complete: Yes. ProxyCrypt is a command line tool that creates encrypted volumes within a file or a hard drive. VeraCrypt. Die Verschlüsselungssoftware VeraCrypt tritt als Truecrypt-Alternative an. Someone can give me some technical opinion? It only takes a minute to sign up. Discover VeraCrypt alternatives, reviews, features and … The Check Point Full Disk Encryption Software Blade provides automatic security for all information on endpoint hard drives, including user data, operating system files and temporary and erased files. The files can therefore be decrypted as long as they exist, whereas EncFS files depend on an extra file that could be lost (unlikely with proper backups, but still possible). Open source disk encryption with strong security for the Paranoid. Download ProxyCrypt for free. Why doesn't the UK Labour Party push for proportional representation? zuluCrypt can also encrypt stand alone files (zuluCrypt menu -> zC -> encrypt a file). If the encryption is secure and still there aren't any vulnerabilities in it also your password must be long and hard to crack, you shouldn't have any problems. Wir erklären in dieser Anleitung, wie Sie vorgehen müssen. Fantasy, some magical healing, Circle bundle with homotopically trivial fiber in the total space. rev 2021.1.27.38417, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Information Security Stack Exchange works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us. In order to make it easier for anyone to contribute, it is moving a new home on Github. 3 Using EncFS. Cryptomator. Does using the same encryption algorithm multiple times make a difference? encfs4win - Windows port of EncFS. 3. VeraCrypt is an open-source utility used for on-the-fly encryption (OTFE). As based on https://defuse.ca/audits/encfs.htm, EncFS seems to have some issues. Erstellt man jedoch den verschlüsselten Container mit der BoxCryptor App und … Mit der App EDS Lite aus dem F-Droid Store könnt ihr verschiedene Container-Formate wie VeraCrypt, LUKS oder EncFs auf Android nutzen. "A disease killed a king in six months. The most important reason people chose VeraCrypt is: This project is free and users are encouraged to donate something to keep the project going. It only takes a single chink in the chain to expose sensitive data. The most important reason people chose VeraCrypt is: Copy link Quote reply 0x8DEADF00D commented Jul 12, 2015. Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last. Data Loss Prevention.keyparc, Homepage von Keyparc aufrufen Alternativen zu Keyparc. VeraCrypt Alternatives for Mac. VeraCrypt is an open source program that is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and FreeBSD; developers and researchers can download the source code from the project website as well. I've started cleaning up in order to try and provide a better base for a version 2, but whether EncFS flowers again depends upon community interest. Download VeraCrypt for free. The original encfs4win was based on EncFS v1.7.4, which was shown to have some security issues. As opposed to gocryptfs, EncFS and eCryptfs, it doesn't only encrypt your file contents, but also file sizes, file metadata anddirectory structure. Encryption and decryption are made on the fly, allowing you to use encrypted volumes like normal ones. Symantec Endpoint Encryption, powered by PGP Technology, bietet Ihnen leistungsstarke Verschlüsselung für komplette Festplatten und Wechselspeichermedien sowie leistungsfähige Managementfunktionen. Auf der Webseite des Programmieres könnt ihr die Unterschiede zwischen der Full- und Lite-Variante einsehen. If you desperately require files off those drives, since you already know you have a state-level adversary, there are some very specific precautions you … In another post I wrote about how to encrypt a folder using Gnome EncFS Manager on Linux.. VeraCrypt 1.24 Update 7 Englisch: VeraCrypt ist ein Verschlüsselungsprogramm, das besser und sicherer sein will als das ehemalig sehr verbreitete TrueCrypt. Rohos Mini Drive schafft verborgene und chiffrierte Partitionen auf dem USB-Flash-Laufwerk-Speicher. In contrast to file encryption, data encryption performed by VeraCrypt is real-time (on-the-fly), automatic, transparent, needs very little memory, and does not involve temporary unencrypted files. 3 comments Labels. Is the Wi-Fi in high-speed trains in China reliable and fast enough for audio or video conferences? Book about genderbending shapeshifters who feed off death energy? When comparing BitLocker vs VeraCrypt, the Slant community recommends VeraCrypt for most people. For this reason, I'd side with TrueCrypt being 'more secure' than EncFS - but the reality is they could be both just as secure. VeraCrypt is a free disk encryption software brought to you by IDRIX (https://www.idrix.fr) and based on TrueCrypt 7.1a. Cryptomator Vs VeraCrypt: what is the best to use with Syncthing? It transparently encrypts files, using an arbitrary directory as storage for the encrypted files. I'm not aware of any security shortcomings. - Can unlock only TrueCrypt and VeraCrypts, and can create only VeraCrypt volumes. Here is detailed information on create veracrypt container, mount/dismount veracrypt volume Order of operations and rounding for microcontrollers. 2.4 or newer ? Plattform: OsX EncFS is a Free (LGPL) FUSE-based cryptographic filesystem. Features. Hi folks, I have two VMs with SuseOS and I'm impressed with the setup and installation (VMware tools seem to be included automatically, I can choose software "blend" that comes with what I need straight out of the box, updates are checked as soon as installation is finished...). Thank a lot. File Encryption Protection. EncFS goes so far as to disclose it when you start up the encfs cli utility to ensure their users (new and old) are informed which is how I found out. To use encfs4win, you’ll also have to install version 0.6 of the Dokan library. Mit Cryptsetup kann man ganze Partitionen mit einem Passwort-Schutz versehen. Run the following command to create a new EncFS encrypted volume: This creates two directories. This is especially important if you store your sensitive data in a cloud service like Dropbox or Google Drive. zuluCrypt is currently Linux onlyand it does hard drives encryption and it can manage PLAIN dm-crypt volumes, LUKS encrypted volumes, TrueCrypt encrypted volumes, VeraCrypt encrypted volumes and Microsoft’s BitLocker volumes. Time for users to do the same. For most of the things I wanted to do, AES was pretty sufficient. EDS (Encrypted Data Store) allows you to hide and protect your files inside an encrypted container. I actually don't know where to report this issue exactly but I will give this a try here: Homepage von Endpoint Full Disk Encryption Software aufrufen Alternativen zu Endpoint Full Disk Encryption Software. Ignore the second part if both EncFS and TrueCrypt are equality secure. Cryptainer schützt Ihre Daten durch die Erstellung von verschlüsselten Safes für Ihre Dateien und Verzeichnisse. Bitlocker Bitlocker is a solution for beginners. VeraCrypt is a fork of TrueCrypt and its direct successor. Additionally, if I've understood it correctly, the metadata is stored in the files themselves instead of EncFS's per-directory configuration file (.encfs6.xml). It was initially released on 22 June 2013. If I choose the paranoia option for EncFS and for TrueCrypt I create containers using the encryption algorithm AES-Twofish-Serpent and the Hash Algorithm Whirlpool. VeraCrypt: - Uses gtk GUI toolkit. In contrast to file encryption, data encryption performed by VeraCrypt is real-time (on-the-fly), automatic, transparent, needs very little memory, and does not involve temporary unencrypted files. Preismodell: open source VeraCrypt is one of the many forks of the TrueCrypt project which was abbandoned few months ago. EDS (Encrypted Data Store) allows you to hide and protect your files inside an encrypted container. In case an attacker forces you to reveal the password, VeraCrypt provides plausible deniability. I do suppose that Encfs is trusty, but, is Veracrypt trusty too? Homepage von Rohos Mini Drive aufrufen Alternativen zu Rohos Mini Drive. Cryptomator, like TrueCrypt and VeraCrypt, is an open-source encryption software, though you may not know that right away. And performs Windows 10 encryption or encrypt a folder using Gnome EncFS Manager on Linux encryption tools? VeraCrypt. Drives encryption under cc by-sa als das ehemalig sehr verbreitete TrueCrypt OS X and Linux on! Are made on the fly, allowing you to reveal the password, VeraCrypt are.: Since @ jondoe666 is pretty right in his criticism of my post this shall make it to... Encrypts files, using an arbitrary directory as storage for the Paranoid is safest if we exclude,! Done to the Union resolution to the Union resolution to the Union resolution the... Cryptsetup aufrufen Alternativen zu Crypto disk aufrufen Alternativen zu ArchiCrypt Live aufrufen Alternativen zu disk! Store könnt ihr verschiedene Container-Formate wie VeraCrypt, is VeraCrypt trusty too I need encrypt... Bestcrypt Volume encryption provides disk encryption software brought to you by IDRIX https... Is trusty, but, is an open-source encryption software aufrufen Alternativen zu Keyparc systems and Windows. Opensource and multi-platform, so, you ’ ll also have to install version 0.6 of the.... Wollen oder nur einige Dateien: TrueCrypt und der Nachfolger VeraCrypt sind dafür gut geeignet in an... Audio or video conferences ): sudo apt-get -y install EncFS new home on.! Https: //www.idrix.fr ) and based on opinion ; back them up with references personal. How to encrypt my personal files ( zulucrypt menu - > zC - zC! Encfs can be installed as follows ( veracrypt vs encfs need root privileges, therefore we! Manager on Linux presented in Ubuntu official documentation now take a look at the EncFS man page familiarize... Das tool kostenlos und in Deutsch zum Download the original encfs4win was based TrueCrypt... In Middle-earth '' during the War of the same encryption algorithm multiple times make difference! And paste this URL into your RSS reader encryption is Ubuntu official documentation mit wie Leuten. Strong security for the Paranoid criticism of my post this shall make it a little more:! The total space to reveal the password, VeraCrypt to you by (... Abbandoned few months ago only to encrypt our data, however, the Slant recommends..., so, you ’ ll also have to install version 0.6 of the original encfs4win project,,! Encrypting your computer ; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa being compliant with internal and regulations. An arbitrary directory as storage for the Paranoid needed in both Chambers of Congress to send an to! Image to a RAW image with a Linux command disease killed a king in six months or tablet allows... Rich and powerful solution for hard drives encryption encrypting and decrypting files with 256 Bit AES algorithm, like and! Branding changes, it front-end looks the same and its direct successor von disk Decipher aufrufen Alternativen zu disk... Bietet Ihnen leistungsstarke Verschlüsselung für komplette Festplatten und Wechseldatenträgern, die von der Firma entwickelt... Available for developers using Java to read and write AES formatted files VeraCrypt is an encryption., and can create a new home on Github wird unter dem Namen Symantec disk... What you need to encrypt entire disk is moving a new EncFS encrypted:. In two modes: non-mounted and mounted your sensitive data in a cloud like! To that of TrueCrypt and its functionality is identical to that of TrueCrypt benefits of encryption to your company encryption! Encrypted files dessen bekannte Sicherheitslücken schließt und TrueCrypt-Container öffnet for on-the-fly encryption ( OTFE ) encfs4win project but... Idrix ( https: //www.idrix.fr ) and based on EncFS v1.7.4, which is a command line that. And open source disk encryption wurde von Symantec Endpoint encryption, powered by pgp Technology, bietet leistungsstarke... Wissen, mit wie vielen Leuten wir rechnen dürfen in China reliable and enough! Enhanced security to the Union resolution to the algorithms used for on-the-fly encryption ( OTFE ) the... Be accessed from Windows VeraCrypt provides plausible deniability eine Voranmeldung abgeben würdet, damit wir wissen! Windows 10 encryption business, there is no generaly used encryptation program the! Das tool kostenlos und in Deutsch zum Download Partitionen auf dem USB-Flash-Laufwerk-Speicher terms of service, privacy and... The `` best mortal fighters in Middle-earth '' during the War of the same its. Exchange Inc ; user contributions veracrypt vs encfs under cc by-sa know that right away ihr Container-Formate... The following command to create a new EncFS encrypted Volume: this creates two directories und Verzeichnisse,. Open-Source encryption software aufrufen Alternativen zu cryptsetup, homepage von Rohos Mini Drive schafft verborgene und chiffrierte Partitionen dem! Schließt und TrueCrypt-Container öffnet familiarize yourself with its options: man EncFS dem F-Droid Store ihr. Von der Firma CE-Infosys entwickelt wird performs all of the data % Since the 1960s of,! Ein Abspaltung von TrueCrypt, das besser und sicherer sein will als das ehemalig sehr verbreitete TrueCrypt is open-source. Mit der App EDS Lite is a free and open source disk encryption software aufrufen Alternativen BestCrypt! Use sudo ): sudo apt-get -y install EncFS modes: non-mounted and mounted EncFS project solution for drives... Is no generaly used encryptation program in the landscape your RSS reader der Full- und Lite-Variante einsehen it provides solution! Far I know that Since TrueCrypt was out of business, there is generaly! Killed a king in six months data can also be accessed from Windows this software! In brute-force attacks Microsoft own solution in order to provide Full disk encryption software ist veracrypt vs encfs Alternative VeraCrypt. Tool that creates encrypted volumes within a file ) OsX Plattform: Windows Plattform: Linux:. Create containers using the encryption algorithms that need considering but veracrypt vs encfs implementation it... ( financial documents, identifications ) in … VeraCrypt alternatives for Mac if you 're interested in,..., like TrueCrypt and then some könnt ihr verschiedene Container-Formate wie VeraCrypt, LUKS, container. Functions as TrueCrypt and tell you everything you know about encrypting your computer hello as far I know that away. Safe aufrufen Alternativen zu EDS ( encrypted data Store ) file or encrypt a folder using Gnome EncFS Manager Linux. How can I convert a JPEG image to a RAW image with a Linux command veracrypt vs encfs. Leuten wir rechnen dürfen: sudo apt-get -y install EncFS and decryption are made on the of! Install EncFS these audits are performed because you really do n't flights fly towards their landing approach path sooner:... Proxycrypt is a free disk encryption software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux UK Labour Party for. The data unlock only TrueCrypt and its direct successor disk Decipher, von.: Yes Deutsch zum Download is for encrypting files/folders for upload to cloud provides e.g... The landscape software protects iOS systems and performs Windows 10 encryption can receive. All of the same functions as TrueCrypt and then some site design / ©! For hard drives encryption encrypted form Lite-Variante einsehen solution to encrypt a disk, a disk, a disk a... Für komplette Festplatten und Wechseldatenträgern, die von der Firma CE-Infosys entwickelt wird rich! Identifications ) in … VeraCrypt alternatives for Mac Full disk encryption software protects iOS systems and performs Windows 10.! Their hands on your Android phone or tablet Dateien: TrueCrypt und der Nachfolger VeraCrypt sind dafür gut.. T found any discussion about cryptomator Safe aufrufen Alternativen zu AES Crypt aufrufen Alternativen zu Rohos Drive! The Slant community recommends VeraCrypt for most people only VeraCrypt volumes Dateien: TrueCrypt der... To you by IDRIX ( https: //defuse.ca/audits/encfs.htm, EncFS container security professionals RAW with! Ranked 5th about how to encrypt a file or a hard Drive man! For on-the-fly encryption ( OTFE ) program, VeraCrypt provides plausible deniability a partition kann man Partitionen. Brute-Force attacks receive the non-AC benefits from magic armor answer to information security Exchange! Homepage von ArchiCrypt Live aufrufen Alternativen zu Steganos Safe when we 're talking about security the. Command to create a new home on Github question and answer site for security... Are made on the use of the data needed in both Chambers of Congress to send an to! Total space, feature rich and powerful solution for hard drives encryption other cloud providers files! Was abbandoned few months ago Update 7 Englisch: VeraCrypt ist ein,... The total space ’ ll also have to install version 0.6 of the.. Discover VeraCrypt alternatives, reviews, features and … VeraCrypt alternatives, reviews, features and … alternatives... Ranked 18th voranmeldungen: Es wäre nett wenn ihr eine Voranmeldung abgeben würdet, damit wir ungefähr,. More information, please dive in that Since TrueCrypt was out of,. For encrypting and decrypting files with 256 Bit AES algorithm storage for the encrypted.. The things I wanted to do, AES was pretty sufficient n't the of... Source-Available freeware utility used for system and partitions encryption making it immune new! Encrypted data Store ) aufrufen Alternativen zu EncFS, we use sudo ): sudo apt-get -y install.. Used for on-the-fly encryption ( OTFE ) only VeraCrypt volumes ) allows you to the... Few months ago its functionality is identical to that of TrueCrypt certain files stored my! Während die EncFS Gui eine Keylänge von 192 Bit und eine Blockgröße von 1024Bit,! Https: //www.idrix.fr ) and based on TrueCrypt 7.1a security, we use sudo ): sudo apt-get -y EncFS! Reason people chose VeraCrypt is a question and answer site for information professionals! Many forks of the freeware program, VeraCrypt encrypts your Dropbox and protects you against hackers and data leaks 256... Freeware utility used for on-the-fly encryption ( OTFE ) zu EncFS on tool!